5:50 PM

Call it a clan....

Posted by KW |

I wish sometimes that I would not try to think that I will someday become a "weekly" blogger. I soooo desire to do this and somehow I find time to look at my Google Reader and catch up on EVERYONE else's blog. I think most would call me a blog stalker... I wouldn't say that, I just love knowing that all the people I care about are happy, loved and feeling a lot more fluid with words than I have for the past ...oh well let's say... a year?!


Most of these blogs are people I know and if I started listing them, well we would have a whole page about everyone else's blog, but a lot of them are blogs that I have found through other people's blog.




Let me tell you, I am a girl of visual stimulation... I can read only so much until I want a PICTURE interjected for a little break and a little glimpse of someone else's life. Most of you are married, with children or with child, or either engaged or in committed relationship. I, on the other hand, It's Just Me. I started this blog almost a year ago and my headline STILL rings true. Please don't think I am ashamed of this, as I am not, but I think it is quite comical that my story has changed only in location... (not really but kind of?!)



From the last blog you all know that I am in Atlanta, the city of the South... or my city of the South! To be honest, as I sit here and type I can't help but feel a little like Carrie from Sex in the City... my glass of wine to my left, my open window to my right (the city down below... I live on the 16th floor of a high rise in Buckhead) and my dogs... yeah she didn't have dogs but her BOYFRIENDS did. And yes, I am a lot like her. Single, in the city, typing at the end of the day, my thoughts of the day, (thank GOODNESS this doesn't get published in the newspaper), and wondering through it all... What really is in it for me? Well let's just say that I watched the last episode of the show but have yet to see the movie... please do not spoil it for me... I need to know how my life will end, or might I say begin.




I know what is in it for me...WAIT, hang on... you might be visual too and at this moment might quit reading if I don't post a picture... here ya go.








This is me wake-skating this summer at Lake Martin. I was invited to go with a friend for her husband's birthday and celebrate. I came back with only a few thousand bruises and a ton of laughter at myself for still trying every possible sport meant for children at the age of 31.



So back to my thoughts, I know what is in it for me... I know that it is God's plan and not my own and that is why what lies ahead and what is planned for me is something I am ok with. I love surprises! God loves to give them to me too! I don't think he would have wanted my sister and I to switch places... Poor sister, she doesn't like surprises. She did love to tell me every year at Christmas what she got me and any time she had a gift for me, she told me what it was before I opened it. She never liked the surprise factor! God probably appreciated there was at least one of us in the family that loved and welcomed the element of surprise. Well it seems to me that my life just keeps getting more surprising and I hope that one day God slows me down enough to want and have the beautiful joys that a family brings... that is SO NOT Carrie!!! I think we need a pic here of me in the office ... so you can visualize my being Carrie... Just call me Kimmy in the City... City of ATL that is!!!




I feel it is only fitting to let you know a little about my office... you see that chair, the one to the right... well that is Okie and Bailey's ($800... I only add this so you can see my insanity with my animals) chair while I am hard at work, and you see that chair, the one I sit in, well that is Okie sitting in it... he has decided that instead of that wonderful $110.00 dog bed on the floor (that actually is water resistant...i.e pee resistant) that he would like to sit in the $80.00 Office Depot and offer his mother a nice back support! Most days I find myself sitting on the edge of the chair to accompany him... seriously I think I need dog therapy!!! Who in their right mind would have a beautiful chair, an expensive dog bed, and 3/4 part of a desk chair that they would give up in order to make their little pups happy? Maybe I should re-think WHY I might be Carrie and not Charlotte (wait she had a dog)... oh and no thanks, I wouldn't want either of her men!!!! I will stick with Carrie.


I would now offer a glimpse of the city but I can't figure out how to make it show up at night... any help from photographer's ( ummm... Summer... ummm Erika???) is appreciated! Seriously... I am awe inspired by photography and hope to one day be able to take it up as a hobby. I might not be the best but the passion is there!






So back to my life... God is good. I struggled to find a church here in Atlanta and I have finally found one I want to call "Home". It is called All Souls and a great new friend that God introduced me to took me one Sunday and I knew that was it!!! It is awesome to feel so convicted and ecstatic about going to church. This is my first small step, finding the right one, and now I want to start working toward ways that God can use me in this church!

So back to Carrie, I think I might need to be named Kimmy in the City... with morals!!! hahaha. Just thought I would let you all know that I am not as free natured as Carrie but that I do like the appetite of life and grand explorations! I can not say that I truly have her style but I should do a comparison so you will be visually stimulated.




Ok, so maybe we might not look alike, (this is the closest pic I could find to hers) and I flipped it horizontally for the same effect... man does it look weird!!!)




I think I should keep trying...this is almost as fun as yearbooking yourself...which I did last night!
So, here I sit, it is 9:55 my time and I have been invited to come watch "P" play basketball. Like some of you do for your kids (and trust me I would too!) I will do for those I date as to not expose them and make them feel as though I am sharing them with the whole world. Please remember for those of you who read this... the word "date" is casual now. Back in the old days, it meant someone that you were spending most of your time with. Unfortunately, as the years have passed, and we all are no longer in college and 12 year olds are now 20 year olds, dating is only dating... it is casual. I could really go off on a tangent here but until I am famous for this blog (which of course you know it will...hahahahahaha) I will not.

So back to the time... what in the world... why would he think that I would want to take off my pajamas, take my hair out of a bun, put make-up back on, go down 16 flights of stairs (just kidding... we have an elevator) to take my dogs out and then bring them back up, to go back down the elevator, past the concierge, to another elevator, down three floors to my garage, and get in my car, and go up three garage levels, out a gate and then drive to a gym to watch BASKETBALL at 10:00 at night? Shouldn't he be calling to ask me out on a date, where he will pick me up, a dozen roses in the car (of course he would open my car door), drive me to a restaurant where they call me Miss Wells, and then sit at a fancy table, with a great bottle of wine, a good filet of steak or salmon, and a nice creme brulee for dessert, and then drive me home, tell me how wonderful of a night he had, and kiss me on the cheek, saying he can not wait to do this again and then tell me that he will call me tomorrow... of course he should!!!



So, I guess I have posted enough for tonight... I would like to say, but I won't hold myself to it, that I want to post more, and I want some of you to stalk my blog like I stalk yours! You all are an inspiration to me... you make me laugh, cry, turn my head sideways, push my chair back and do a little dance, sit and reflect, appreciate what I have and most of all give me joy each day that I get to read that God works in and through your life and that you all can be examples for me! So... here's to another day... with HIM!!! My friend Lyndsey (a gift from God through my new job...pray for her), who is 27 years old and is battling cancer for the 2nd time in two years sent me this email the other day and I will end with it and a few more pics for your visual stimulation...

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did ‘
When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you,
But merely opening your hands to receive something better.
'The will of God will never take you where the
Grace of God will not protect you.'



always bring an umbrella to the concert...it might come in handy!!! This reminds me of a blog... not anything in common with this pick but it is called "Bring the Rain"... what a touching blog.





a girl after my own heart... and NO those are not Manolo Blahnik's ... wish they were!!!





A sweet precious soul... what is it that she is thinking? I love her beyond words... Children, the gift of them, simply amazing! So I leave you with this, as it is posted as the title...

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one!.... I, Kimmy in the City, call it FAMILY.
until we meet again... and we all know that could be ages... God Bless!

1 comments:

Shonna said...

Reading and enjoying...

Subscribe