7:37 AM

I am back! Sorry it has taken so long!

Posted by KW |

I seriously can not believe that I am finally stepping back in to the blogging world again. I really don't know what got in to me... I sometimes have these moments in my life that I like to step back, be by myself and not share so much of myself. And that is EXACTLY what I have been doing for the past 6 months. Life has changed so drastically for me and all I can do sometimes is just wonder how everything happened so fast! I started praying in January of '06 that God would lead me to the place that He wanted me to be. I also prayed that He would show me what He wanted me to do in honor of Him through my job. Well I am not sure if I could wholeheartedly agree that He has me in the "right job" but for now I will trust Him. I have so much to tell, about how I got here (living in Atlanta), what I encountered along the way, and what has become of my new job that I prayed so hard for. I am now an Account Executive for a Wholesale Lender and my job entails going out to Mortgage Broker's and Community Banks and asking them to consider using my company, Acopia Capital Group, to fund their loans. Obviously we all know how the real estate market and thus the mortgage industry is doing right now, so to say that my job is a challenge, is an understatement. But... it is what God lead me to do, and not what I had in "my" plans. So yesterday, I was in a Broker's Office and we were talking about how my last week was (it was miserable... I had every challenge of our business laid in front of me and by the end of the week... I wanted to have a break down... thank goodness I didn't) and he walked in and brought me his Daily Devotional book entitled "Streams in the Desert" and the page from yesterday read like this... " Never pray for an easier life... pray to be a strong person! Never pray for tasks equal to your power... pray for power equal to your tasks. Then doing your work will be no miracle... you will be the miracle! Phillip Brooks "
And I thought that God somehow was not going to be able to reach me in a job like this! It is so humbling to see Him work through others and through me in my job. I played tennis with one of my clients on Saturday as well who I engaged in a deep conversation about life and the pursuit of God! At the end of my match, he told me that he had been really bummed about the mortgage business and the companies that he had previously been dealing with and that I was a breath of fresh air for his company and that from Monday on, they would be dealing with me in all of their loans! God is good :)
On another note... things here in Atlanta are good. I am loving being in a condo (although the dogs have their issues being on the 16th floor) and I love having the wonderful amenities of living here. I went to a concert the other night... Crosby, Stills and Nash at Chastain Park and it was a total blast! City life is so much fun with ballgames (went to an Atlanta Braves Ballgame last week), The Georgia Aquarium, Piedmont Park, Chastain Park, The Coca Cola Museum, Stone Mountain... need I say more about why I love it? Anyways... this video is taken here in the condo. Just thought I would show you all what we do on Saturday mornings and to show you how much my littlest roommate has grown up! Love to you all!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you are back. Treyson is too cute and reminds me sooo much of Maggie Ruth how he is so serious when he hollers for Bailey. Maggie calls Scamper (who's been gone a week and a half now :( ) and has the most serious look on her face. Its hilarious.

KW said...

Oh no! Not Scamper. Do you know what happened to him? I am so sad. I told you it would be a boy!

A.F. said...

Hey girl! Love that you've finally updated this!

Subscribe