5:15 AM

no words

Posted by KW |

No words can express the sorrow that I feel right now. This morning I woke up to find on a website that I check every day for a special person by the name of Jacob Steel, that he went to be with our Heavenly Father last night. My heart aches for his family right now. Jacob has fought a long battle and as one of the Dr.'s said, "his bodied failed him, but his spirit never did". I never met Jacob, I only knew of him because he is the son of one of the developers that I work with. I kept up with Jacob's progress through www.caringbridge.com/visit/jacobsteel The strength of Jacob and his family through all of this has drawn me closer to God daily. I recognize my need for our heavenly Father more and more each day. As I sit here this morning outside on my patio, I want to share with you all a part in my devotion...
"Never presume My presence. Never assume that knowing your need, I will automatically supply. Ask, and it shall be given. Call upon me, and I will answer you. Tell me that you love Me, and I will make your heart know in a very real way My love for you and My nearness, and you shall never feel alone."
I think so many times I just think that God already knows what my needs are... and I assume that he is going to supply. The other part of the devotion made me realize why we need to ask of God..." Do not think that since I know all about you, you need not bother to tell Me. It is true that I know, but you need to tell Me so that in the telling, you may experience the release of and open heart, and the fellowship of a Friend. "
I want to experience an open heart... and God asks us to call on Him so that He can provide that through our asking. How simple yet how much we forget to do so.

What a beautiful morning. It is 51 degrees, I have my red hooded surfer sweatshirt on with my pink shorts and flip flops and I am sitting here on my couch on my patio with 2 little dogs curled up next to me. I think they are cold. I will have to start letting them wear their sweaters and fleeces now. Balki LOVES to wear his... Bailey only likes his if he knows he is going somewhere. It is amazing how quiet it is out here this morning... I feel God's presence with me right now and what a wonderful feeling. I know that I am loved. The sun is still not up and I have been sitting here waiting for a while. It is almost time for me to go in and start getting dressed. I love to watch the sunrise... I am such a morning person. There is no better time for me than in the mornings. I am the most productive and have so much to give of myself earlier in the day.
I am a little disappointed right now though because yesterday I neglected to get my creamer from the grocery store for my coffee and I am drinking BLACK coffee at the moment. It's the little things that make the biggest difference :) ...of course I can do without it ( I keep telling myself). Balki has now decided to start trying to dig a hole through the cushion in the couch. Ever watched a 2 pound dog try to dig a hole? It's like watching a squirrel. This little guy thinks he is SOOO big. His holes would not be big enough for a crawdad to fit through (do you all know what crawdad's are?) but he thinks that he is succeeding. I guess I won't tell him the real truth. Oh goodness... I just looked up from typing and the whole sky changed. CRAZY!!! I think it is about to storm. Guess I will go in for now and start the whole dreaded process of getting dressed. This .... is a task for me. Please keep Jacob's family in your prayers. They are a strong christian family and they are hurting immensely right now. I can not imagine....
My love for you all!

0 comments:

Subscribe